|Title||Senior Windows Engineer|
|Categories||Job location Virginia, Systems Administrator, Systems Analyst|
|Job Location||Herndon, VA|
About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 51,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Senior Windows Engineer
Reports to: Program Manager
Provide daily administrative and engineering support in the analyzing, designing, implementing and administering of the Smithsonian’s network server environment to include but not limited to applications such as Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, Net Backup Software, and Microsoft Cluster Services and Failover clustering management.
1. Conduct complex troubleshooting and repair tasks on Active Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008, Cluster Services, and other operational systems as needed.
2. Provide monthly status reports for government management.
3. Provide ad-hoc status to schedules and timelines as required.
4. Plan, organize, coordinate, and execute technical projects, often requiring expert analysis and direction to teams of other specialists. Such projects will include after-hours hardware maintenance and upgrades as required.
5. Serve as second & third tier support for Helpdesk and NOC operations with respect to server systems, user authentication, user account creation and maintenance, drive mappings, printing services, and all other directory and network troubleshooting.
6. Evaluate emerging technologies in order to contribute to long-range planning for system evolution. This includes the ability to conduct market research and provide reports showing best in business/industry leading directions.
7. Provide management with evening server status checks, as well as Active Directory, backup system, and Exchange integrity/health checks.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks with little guidance and successfully completing the tasks at hand.
9. Ability to manage team of administrators to achieve service level agreements of the customer.
10. Generate and maintain network management diagrams and documents detailing Active Directory structure, Exchange structure, backup system configuration, server information and location. Knowledge of Visio a “plus”
11. Use Nagios, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, NET Pro, Active Roles, Quest based products and other utilities to monitor servers, Active Directory, Exchange, and other systems.
12. Creation and maintenance of documentation detailing locations and configurations for all Windows based servers.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree (Computer/Network Technology related), Microsoft Engineer with extensive SAN management, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Cluster Services, Citrix XEN 6 platforms, Enterprise Exchange 2007, Active Directory and VMWare experience.
Valued Skills: Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, NetBackup, RightFax, EMC Clarion SAN Storage hardware, Citrix XenApp 6, Heat, Quest products.
Must have expert knowledge of and skill in administering Microsoft Server 2003/ 2008 Operating System to serve as technical authority in advising management and system administrators agency-wide for purposes of long-range planning, development of standards and guidance, and evaluation of overall operational systems.
LIST EDUCATION & SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIRED:
Must have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree in computer related technology field or 10+ years proven industry experience.
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=331
|Apply To:||Click Apply Now to the right.|