Quality Assurance Engineer- Reston, VA
Looking for a candidate with strong technical skills to develop and execute test strategies for telecom related programs. The QA engineer will be responsible for working with the QA manager and project leads to help develop, execute and automate test cases based on a published set of technical requirements. The candidate preferably has some understanding of the telecommunications domain.
- Develops and executes test strategies and test cases for telephony network applications/infrastructure (e.g., web and API provisioning, routing, etc.).
- Develops and maintains regression test suites for production products.
- Communicates status regularly to management and/or project leads.
- Possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision and/or independently.
- Utilizes experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Write or modify existing scripts in Perl or UNIX to automate repetitive tests.
- Create tests, scripts and defect reports using the team standards and best practices.
- 7 + years overall test experience
- Minimum 5 years software testing experience of UNIX or Linux client server applications, including testing application installation/configuration, load/performance, and APIs
- Thorough understanding of test processes and ability to estimate task duration
- Excellent Linux/UNIX trouble shooting skills
- Writing UNIX shell scripts and/or Perl scripts
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with test tools such as Selenium and QTP
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- Oracle Database and SQL experience
- Experience testing Web Technologies/GUI (e.g., WebLogic, apache, JBoss)
- Ability to perform requirements traceability and create high level and detailed test plans and test reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a telecommunications environment focusing on VoIP.
- Knowledge of SIP and ENUM protocols.
- Experience testing XML Interfaces and using API testing tools like Webinject.
- Experience with LoadRunner.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field.