Contract to hire
Performs full software development lifecycle tasks for a commercial .NET and Oracle-based software development kit (SDK) and web and desktop applications based on the SDK. These products form the basis of a variety of custom information management solutions. This role provides excellent opportunities for an energetic, talented, innovative individual interested in applying modern technologies to highly relevant information management problems.
3-5 years of software engineering experience including full lifecycle development (requirements to testing), web applications and large database systems.
- Database development experience including SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures Experience with a formal unit testing framework such as NUnit or JUnit preferred.
- Working knowledge of .NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL and Oracle.
- Must be able to describe problems and solutions in a concise and objective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or other related technical discipline.
- Other helpful skills include JQuery, WPF, CAL, load/performance analysis, software security, web services, Java, Lucene and SVN.
- Experience with content management systems, workflow applications or knowledge management is a plus.
- Research, specify, and review software requirements to understand specific objectives for software to be created.
- Research and prototype software solutions to satisfy requirements.
- Document high-level and detailed software designs and conduct formal reviews with software development team.
- Implement software according to design specifications.
- Develop and maintain unit testing frameworks for software implementations.
- Provide documentation to technical writers for inclusion in customer manuals and online help.
- Research and resolve software problems submitted by testers and customers.
**Ability to work in the US without sponsorship and obtain a clearance (US Citizen only please)
If interested e-mail email@example.com or call Jay at 202-596-5411, view all openings at: http://dctechrecruiter.com