About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within your reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With more than 50,000 employees in over 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Lead Infrastrucure Engineer
Reports to: Network Manager
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Network Engineer is responsible for the operations and maintenance (O&M) of all infrastructure equipment on classified and unclassified enterprise networks under the 561st Network Operations Squadron. Key services maintained either locally or remotely are: CISCO routers and switches, Sidewinder G2 Firewalls, Cisco Virtual Private Network devices and BlueCoat Proxy servers. Emphasis for this position is placed on the O&M of all routers and switches on these enterprise networks.
- Operate and maintain hardware/software network components necessary to provide the network interface for the enterprise networks. This includes but is not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, proxy servers, VPNs and domain controller components.
- Operate, maintain, monitor and manage the classified and unclassified network infrastructure that supports the internal and external connectivity of the networks.
- Work with other departments to resolve problems associated with the wide area network links.
- Work with each individual base network control center and/or their contractors to resolve problems associated with network connectivity.
- Recommend and consult with the government on any changes that may offer improvements to the enterprise networks.
- Maintain existing physical layer architecture of the enterprise networks. Physical layer architecture consists of but is not limited to cables, fiber, patch panels, fiber distribution panels, connectors and terminators.
- Support visiting teams such as scope edge, inspector general, information assurance assessment program and information warfare squadrons, to include the provisioning of access to the networks, network devices, drawings, configurations and passwords.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hour work week.
- For this position, the ideal candidate must be able to successfully pass a Drug Test.
- Possess an active DoD secret security clearance.
- Security + or CISSP certified and have an active CCNA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a curriculum or major field of study that provided substantial knowledge on performance of complex IT projects.
- Years of experience in the IT industry may be used as a substitution.
- 7 years of progressive network engineering experience to include comprehensive end-user support in network design, hardware/software selection, integration, inter/intra network data communications, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience with:
- CISCO products
- Firewall technology
- Understanding of mail flow through a network
- Understanding of DNS
- Understanding of network security
- Working knowledge of Access Control Lists
- Basic understanding of IP routing
- Sniffer technology
- Network cabling
Other Desired experience:
- Sidewinder Firewall Software
- G2 Firewall Software
- Load Balancers
- Understanding of IPSEC
- Familiarity with Microsoft shares and folder security
- Familiarity with VPNs
- Familiarity with Remedy
- Database technology: SQL, Access
- Familiarity with AF Networks and the CITS NO/IA architecture
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=451