Firewall Technician- Colorado Springs, CO OR Hampton, VA
About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 51,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Firewall Technician
Reports to: Lead Firewall Engineer
The Firewall technician is responsible for the operations and maintenance of all firewall devices
for the 561 st Network Operations Squadron customer base. Key services maintained either
locally or remotely are: Sidewinder G2 Firewalls, Cisco Virtual Private Network devices and
BlueCoat Proxy servers.
• Responsible for assisting with the establishment and development of a secure
infrastructure, based on client needs, U.S Government guidance and industry best
practices. Will operate and maintain, assist with the design modification and
documentation security configurations for applications, network devices that include:
Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and
other equipment and software.
• Provide guidance that supports technical information system design(s), improvements,
planning and implementation. Assess current and planned information systems,
identifying security architecture or design issues, and develop solutions to meet customer
requirements and standards compliance.
• Participates in infrastructure support projects to develop, plan, and implement
specifications or standards for network and distributed system security technologies in
support of key information systems. Able to support the evaluation and acquisition of
information security tools (as requested). Participate in special projects (as required).
Working hours: 40 hour work week and shift flexibility is mandatory.
• Must have hands on experience working with Sidewinder and Cisco firewalls, various
IDS/IPS products, and VPNs.
• Need a solid understanding of current security practices in service provider environment.
• Strong understanding of current industry trends in network and security infrastructure.
• Must be comfortable with shell scripting.
• Candidates must possess an active DoD secret security clearance.
• Candidates must successfully pass a Drug Test.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or High School graduate with 7 years of
experience supporting enterprise networks.
• Pass government issued IQT test.
• Obtain Sec + certification within 90 days of employment.
Experience with the following is mandatory:
• Sidewinder Firewall Software.
• G2 Firewall Software.
• Understanding of mail flow through a network.
• Understanding ofDNS.
• Working knowledge of Access Control Lists.
• Basic understanding of IP routing.
• Sniffer technology.
• Network cabling.
• Load Balancers.
• Understanding of IPSEC.
Experience with the following is desired:
• CCNA andlor CISSP certifications.
• CISCO products.
• Familiarity with Microsoft shares and folder security.
• Familiarity with VPNs.
• Familiarity with Remedy.
• Database technology: SQL, Access.
• Familiarity with AF Networks and the CITS NOIIA architecture.
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=288