Position Title Jr. Server Administrator
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Government Services
Office Region USA – Mid Atlantic
Office Location US – Arlington, VA
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Government We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Job Description About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 51,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Jr. Server Administrator
Reports to: DCA Site Manager
Location: Reagan National Airport
· Experienced providing day-to-day operational support of the servers.
· Experienced providing server trouble-shooting and problem resolution.
· Experienced with responsibility for implementing, configuring and supporting
Microsoft Windows .NET/ 2003 servers and E- mail services, including maintaining
all server documentation and server software.
· Experienced in maintaining Active Directory’s integrity including keeping User,
Computer and other aspects up-to-date
· Experienced installing and configuring server hardware, operating systems and
· Experienced in diagnoses and repairs of hardware and software problems.
· Experienced providing technical support to end-users.
· Experienced providing documentation for project tracking, management reporting
and documentation of server configurations and changes.
· Experienced providing assistance in server planning, engineering, architecture and the
development of technical standards and interface applications.
· Experienced in making recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or
expand service levels for existing systems.
· Possesses knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures related to the
· Serves as first level technical problem escalation resource.
· Works under close supervision
Requirements: 4 years IT experience
Education: BS Degree. Relevant certifications include MCSE, MCSA.
What We Offer AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It’s a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.