Position Title: Senior HR Generalist (OCONUS)
Performs a variety of administration/professional human resource functions in areas such as employee relations, training, on-boarding as well as Operational support to the Atmospherics Program, Afghanistan Management staff as needed. Acts as a liaison, for Human Resources CONUS staff and often has responsibility for completion of Human Resources related projects. Responsible for completing employee changes in (i.e. employee status, pay, benefits etc.), ensuring data is complete, entering data into OneSource database, and providing guidance to staff regarding human resources policies and procedures. May research information about various topics, as requested. Assists in overseeing the HR day-to-day support for assigned OCONUS program. Please note that living and working in country, a hostile environment, is inherently dangerous and there are risks associated with living and working in the assigned country, which will be detailed in your employment agreement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of HR programs for the program.
- Administers the Performance Management Process for the program.
- Identifies and solves administrative problems which hinder effective and efficient operations
- Administers payroll/accounting-related employee reimbursements
- Responsible for facilitating resolution to employee relations matters and minimizing risks to company.
- Participates in the processing of terminations and conducting exit interviews.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Conducts designated new employee orientations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required within the assigned country (approximately 30%).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent and 5-8 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance
- Proactive collaboration within a HR team.
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence others.
- Operating experience within a complex, changing environment.
- Government Contractor experience preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- · Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- · Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; places success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Apply to this job: