About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within your reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With more than 51,000 employees in over 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Web Mapping Services Administrator
Reports To: Systems Lead
Location: Langley AFB, Hampton VA
Research and recommend GIS software interfaces for the Air Force Installation Geospatial Information and Services (IGI&S) visualization system and examine and evaluate alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
- Support layer level access control configurations for web map services.
- Implement numbered air force (NAF) and expeditionary web services on the Global Combat Support System (GCSS-AF) Portal.
- Implement pre-rendered, cached base mapping data for web map services.
- Implement new map service viewing framework that consolidates many viewers into a single platform.
- Provide technical assistance of continental United States (CONUS)/Wing map services in conjunction with direction from the Wing.
- Update public key infrastructure (PKI) accreditation for all web servers.
- Maintain and update as necessary the reduced sign on (RSO) junctions for connection into the GCSS-AF.
- Troubleshoot GCSS-AF portal issues that affect the IGI&S map services.
- Maintain NAF and expeditionary web services on the GCSS-AF Portal and implement on the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) .mil (Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPR) and Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPR) networks).
- Ensure quality of current pre-rendered, cached base mapping data for web map services on NIPR and SIPR networks – update images as appropriate – to also include a .mil environment.
- Sustain CONUS, NAF and Expeditionary site mapping (ESM) map services in conjunction with direction from the respective site’s staff with specific .MXD file changes.
- Provide technical expertise to mitigate GCSS-AF portal issues that affect the IGI&S map services.
- Assist with architecture implementation.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position:
- BS or BA Degree in Computer Science, Geography or related field and/or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least two years hands-on experience managing ArcIMS 4.x or 9.x to include: 1) installing and un-installing ArcIMS and all supporting software; 2) management of ArcIMS web services; 3) performance tuning and 4) technical troubleshooting. The contractor shall remain proficient with the current standards and products utilized by the Air Force.
- Experience in GIS integration using ESRI software to include ArcGIS 9.x and higher Desktop Software. Such experience can be shown via qualification summary or training certificate from a certified training program.
- Experience in managing GIS projects. Such experience can be shown via qualification summary or attainment of Registered GIS Professional status.
- Demonstrated experience using ESRI Geodatabases. Demonstrated experience can be shown via ESRI training certificates.
- Knowledge base shall include: AD, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, PKI, HTTPS, NAS, DAS, COTS and GOTS applications. These are standard applications for working on an IGI&S enterprise system.
- Experience in managing GIS/IT projects. Such experience can be shown via qualification summary or attainment of Registered GIS Professional status.
- Experience in technical writing and/or documentation. This experience can be shown via college transcripts or training certificates.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Possess experience briefing broad audiences, to include senior military officers and civilians.
- Security Clearance
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=384