National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within your reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With more than 51,000 employees in over 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: System Engineer
Reports To: Lead ISC2 Test Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Perform requirements analysis and development for Integrated Space Command & Control (ISC2) mission applications. The analysis will include verification of completeness/correctness, traceability to Government source documents, identification of verification methodology, requirements allocation to subsystems and components, and identification of impacts to ISC2 mission applications. Extract requirements from DOORS and integrate into a System Specification document. Produce additional life cycle artifacts using MS Office suite of products: Technical Baseline Matrix (TBM), Version Content Notification, Version Description Document, Deployment Composite View, Interface Control Documents (ICD), and Transition to Operations (TTO) Plan. The ability to work independently in collaboration with ISC2 systems, software, and hardware engineers and technical leadership is critical to success.
- Experience with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Experience with Rational DOORS and Rational ClearQuest.
- Experience adhering to Systems Engineering Life Cycle processes, primarily in the System Definition and High Level Design phases.
- Experience developing system requirements and system architecture artifacts.
- Ability to derive customer needs and mission needs from documents, plans, policies, standard operating procedures.
- Experience developing customer requirements documents.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis and requirements management.
- Experience tracking traceability of customer requirements to system requirements, specifications, and architecture artifacts.
- Experience with technical writing, editing, and document formatting.
- Experience tracking engineering task completion using Earned Value (EV) principles, including accurate Estimates to Complete (ETC) for each task.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a dynamic engineering environment.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hour work week.
- For this position, the ideal candidate must be able to successfully pass a Drug Test.
- Possess an active DoD top secret security clearance.
Other Desired experience:
- Domain experience in air, missile, and/or space command and control applications a plus.
- Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOE) for Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) efforts is a plus.
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=383