|USA – Mid
|US – Columbia,
working for a truly global company with more than 45,000 employees who share a
singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at
AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work,
and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose – to create, enhance
and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is
built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide
you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share
your passion with us.
the Business Line
|Government We have the international presence, personnel
networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission,
anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of
equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM
Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program
management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation
services, security, international development, environmental and civil
engineering and mission and intelligence support.
|GIS Analyst Position Description: Position is located at Shaw AFB, South Carolina
supporting US Air Force Central Command (AFCENT).
Responsibilities include but not limited to the
- · Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s
Installation Geospatial Information & Services (IGI&S) program and
educate organizations as to the value, structure and status of the installation
- · Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s IGI&S
system and educate organizations as to the value, structure, and status of the
installation IGI&S system.
- · Assist in the implementation of GIS technologies to
build, administer, and offer support in the creation and maintenance of the data
it contains including the Common Installation Picture and Mission Data Set per
Air Force and Air Combat Command Geospatial Information Office
- · Facilitate, maintain and evaluate procedures and
planning programs after initial program installation to update data or suggest
other geospatial approaches. Define and
document business processes to sustain the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial
Information & Services capability.
- · Train Air Force staff in data and system maintenance
and the sustainment of datasets critical to the operation of the Installation
Geospatial Information & Services system.
- · Ensure Imagery and Feature Extraction priority list is
up to date and provided to ACC quarterly.
- · Ensure all AFCENT imagery and Feature Extraction
databases (aka GeoReach CIPs) are available on the ACC Data Library.
- · Portfolio management and installation of GIS and GPS
software for Civil Engineering including ESRI ArcGIS
- · Assist data collection, editing and workflow efforts
related to Autodesk (AutoCAD Map 3D V2010 or newer) integration with ESRI
- · Maintain mapping-grade GPS hardware and software
(Trimble XT/XH/Juno) and assist Engineers in maintaining survey-grade GPS
hardware/software (Trimble 5700/R7)
- · Maintain working relationships with unit geospatial
organizations in the field
- · Assist with the creation of data sharing agreements as
- · Identify
and document data stewards/owners associated with each MDS and/or MDL.
- · Identify
and document developing and potential Mission Datasets/Layers, and report
findings to ACC GeoBase office.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this
- · BS or BA Degree in Geography, Cartography, mapping or
related field with an emphasis in GIS and/or Remote Sensing or demonstrated
- · Three years experience in GIS integration using ESRI
software to include ArcGIS Desktop Software.
- · Two years experience in managing GIS
- · One year experience with CAD/GIS conversion. Knowledge of CAD technologies, such as
AutoDesk, is required.
- · One year of demonstrated experience in developing and
implementing ESRI Geodatabases.
- · Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle 8.x or higher,
ArcSDE 8.x or higher and ArcIMS 3.x or higher.
Candidate must remain proficient with the current standards and products
utilized by the Air Force.
- · Field
experience in Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying. Such field experience can be shown via
qualification summary, Professional Land Surveyor or training certificate from a
certified GPS training program. Technical
skills and logistical support; not field data collection.
- · Experience in technical writing and/or
- · Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written, are required. Possess
experience briefing broad audiences, to include senior officials and
- · Secret Clearance
- · Spatial and 3D
- · Script development
- · Model building
- · Process automation
- · Advanced
- · Spatial network
- · Raster data processing and
|AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear
and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place
where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging,
interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the
diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great
place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.https://jobs.aecom.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_advsearch.asp?partnerid=20052&siteid=5022
Requisition/Vacancy No. 62173BR