About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. National Security Programs brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 52,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Contract Recruiter– Information Technology
Length of contract: Sixty to one-hundred-twenty (60-120) days
Reports to: Recruiting Manager- Information Technology
A technical recruiter finds candidates who have technical capabilities, such as system administrators, hardware engineers, software programmers, developers, IT program/project managers, DBA’s, network engineers and analysts. The technical recruiter must locate, qualify and interview potential job candidates. Demonstrate a proven ability to assess candidates at a “nuts and bolts” level and verify the level of technical capabilities of a job applicant. Recruits candidates who support every stage of the systems development lifecycle.
Purpose of the Position:
Recruit qualified candidates in support of National Security Programs, AECOM’s mission operations and IT support functions. Recruit IT, staff and management as well as Intelligent Community professionals holding clearances while acting as a member of a multi-functional team that manages the full life-cycle recruiting process within specified assigned areas.
• Performs full life-cycle recruiting for a variety of technical positions at all career levels with at least four to six years of recruiting focused on information technology, engineering and intelligence positions.
• Develops and maintains a network of contacts to identify and source qualified candidates for a growing pipeline.
• Works with local community organizations to facilitate growth of the candidate pool.
• Initiates contact with candidates for current job openings, to include sourcing candidates, job fair participation and other marketing efforts.
• Utilizes phone and web-based recruiting sources and systems to identify and manage information technology candidates.
• Reviews, screens and recommends qualified candidates for several program managers for all open positions.
• Reviews résumés and interview applicants to obtain and validate work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements against current requirement.
• Assists candidates in completing their application and other documents as necessary.
• Provides information to potential candidates about the organization and the specific position.
• Reviews background information to validate qualifications of candidates.
• Coordinates with corporate HR, operations and logistical personnel to facilitate hiring and post-hiring actions.
• Enters, maintains and manages database information in Taleo database management system.
• Performs other duties as required.
Required Special Knowledge/Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to source and conduct all recruiting actions to hire qualified information technology (IT) candidates with and without clearances.
• Strong interpersonal, telephonic, and e-communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Access and Word).
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision and work well under pressure.
• Problem solving skills and sound judgment.
• Ability/willingness to travel.
Desired Special Knowledge/Skills:
• Previous operational experience in the technical and information technology field in support of Government operations.
• Knowledge of functions and operations of major U.S. Military commands.
• Military experience a plus; deployed operational experience is a plus.
• Active Security clearance is a plus.
Three to six (3-6) years experience of proven IT recruiting.
High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline preferred.
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=273