Location: Outreach and Admissions & Career Transition offices and Boxelder Job Corps Center
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Position Location: Rapid City, SD (or close proximity to Rapid City)
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing job placement and job retention services for Job Corps graduates and appropriate level of services to former enrollees.
Responsibilities include performing the following duties:
• Makes persuasive public presentations;
• Develops professional relationships and maintains rapport with all regional contractors, support agencies, and contract customers;
• Tracks, organizes, inputs, and manages large volumes of data;
• Maintains an ongoing resource development effort
• Submits required reports on a weekly and monthly basis;
• Arranges for student Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) and civil service testing;
• Assesses student job-seeking skills
• Provides training and support in resume preparation, interviewing, and job search techniques;
• Demonstrates knowledge of Job Corps, the Policy and Requirements Handbook, regional and corporate policies, and procedures; and
• Responsible for providing job placement services to Boxelder Job Corps former enrollees (trainees).
Experience performing networking and job development tasks. Experience in career management approaches. Experience in needs assessments, career planning, career development and other developmental needs of youth. Experience working with diverse youth from disadvantaged backgrounds; skilled in working with social service agencies in local community, counseling, or sales; able to plan and carry out approved procedures, considerable public contact. Knowledge about Job Corps program offerings.
Qualifications and Standards
Bachelor’s degree and/or four years related experience working with youth, or combination of education and related experience equaling four years. One-year experience in sales, marketing or counseling-related services. Other requirements include word processing experience, and strong communication and organizational skills
This position requires local travel throughout the South Dakota West River region.
Candidates must have reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s license.
Please Apply Below: