Web Developer / Web Administrator- Washington, DC NE
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain static and dynamic Web sites and applications according to user requirements for multiple Internet and intranet sites.
• Develop application software/components as required to support the associated environment.
• Elicit and document user requirements, incorporating usability best practices.
• Document and test all work products and changes before deployment to production.
• Scan all developed code for known security vulnerabilities and resolve them to produce secure, error-free code.
• Monitor Web usage statistics and produce/update analytics reports.
• Identify, diagnose, and fix Web site problems.
• Operate, maintain, and administer Web development, presentation, and hosting tools (including media, content management, trouble ticket tracking, and version control systems).
• Collect information and prepare documents required in the Certification and Accreditation of systems.
• Work closely with customers and other team members to meet business needs.
• 2 – 7+ years as a Web Developer / Web Administrator
• LAMP stack
• PHP-based Content Management System (CMS) experience
• Model–View–Controller (MVC)
• Application of secure coding practices and vulnerability assessment
• Configuration and use of Apache Subversion (SVN), or similar a plus
• Able to write code utilizing Object Oriented Programming practices
• Capable of diagnosing errors and debugging
• Able to debug and/or leverage multi-dimensional arrays
• JQuery experience a plus
• Database design and implementation
• SQL syntax and best practices
• DDL Creation and execution
• Database diagramming and documentation
• Familiarity from user perspective
• Administration (using WordPress UI)
• Experience selecting plugins/themes to meet a customer requirements
• Modifying and extending existing plugins/themes
• Custom theme development
• Custom plugin development
• PHP programming (OOP)
• Secure deployment skills
• WordPress hardening
• Familiar with Web site attack techniques, both the type which can be detected by scanning, and those that require deeper understanding of application.
• Familiar with common practices and techniques to protect Web applications
• Familiar with Web application firewalls
• Familiar with Core Rule Set (CRS)
• Experience and/or familiarity with writing custom rules
• ModSecurity debugging and troubleshooting practices
• DNS maintenance
• Shell scripts
• Cron jobs
• User administration
Apache Web Server
• Service configuration
• VirtualHost directives
• Reverse proxy directives
• mod_rewrite directives
• Experience with Tomcat a plus
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com