About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. National Security Programs brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 52,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: GIS Analyst
Position status: Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services (IGI&S) program and educate organizations as to the value, structure and status of the installation IGI&S program.
- Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s IGI&S system and educate organizations as to the value, structure, and status of the installation IGI&S system.
- Assist in the implementation of GIS technologies to build, administer, and offer support in the creation and maintenance of the data it contains including the Common Installation Picture and Mission Data Set per Air Force and Air Combat Command Geospatial Information Office guidance.
- Facilitate, maintain and evaluate procedures and planning programs after initial program installation to update data or suggest other geospatial approaches. Define and document business processes to sustain the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services capability.
- Train Air Force staff in data and system maintenance and the sustainment of datasets critical to the operation of the Installation Geospatial Information & Services system.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position:
- BS or BA Degree in Geography, Cartography, mapping or related field with an emphasis in GIS and/or Remote Sensing or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Three years experience in GIS integration using ESRI software to include ArcGIS Desktop Software.
- Two years experience in managing GIS projects.
- One year experience with CAD/GIS conversion. Knowledge of CAD technologies, such as AutoDesk, is required.
- One year of demonstrated experience in developing and implementing ESRI Geodatabases.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle 8.x or higher, ArcSDE 8.x or higher and ArcIMS 3.x or higher. Candidate must remain proficient with the current standards and products utilized by the Air Force.
- Field experience in Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying. Such field experience can be shown via qualification summary, Professional Land Surveyor or training certificate from a certified GPS training program.
- Experience in technical writing and/or documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Possess experience briefing broad audiences, to include senior officials and civilians.
- Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security + certified
If interested, please send resume to Jay@DCTechRecruiter.com