Enterprise Messaging Technician- Colorado Springs, CO
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line Government Services:
We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Messaging technician is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Exchange and associated collaboration applications for our customer base.
Key services maintained either locally or remotely are: Exchange, Collaboration applications, OWA, Active Directory, and Anti-Virus. The Messaging Technician also assists in the maintenance of a mirror site in the event of a failure of the primary site.
· Operate and maintain all aspects of the operating systems, including, but not limited to: user and service account administration, print/file services, Windows Internet Naming Service, Domain Name Service, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, MS Windows with Active Directory and terminal service design/administration/maintenance.
· Perform MS Windows Active Directory and Exchange services in accordance with applicable security policies.
· Provide AD and Exchange services remotely to organizations around the globe.
· Configure and manage root domain, child domains, organizational units and objects.
· Advise the government on appropriate AD and Exchange policies.
· Implement all government approved AD and Exchange policies.
· Troubleshoot and resolve GPO application problems for the enterprise networks.
· Monitor and identify replication interruptions between root and child domain controllers.
· Insure every domain controller in the forest has properly configured IPSEC policies.
· Provide technical support to subordinate system administrators.
· Provide hands-on and remote administration of other equipment not specifically identified.
· Support and maintain a backup solution.
Working hours: Shift flexibility mandatory.
· Candidates must possess an active DoD security clearance.
· Candidates must successfully pass a Drug Test.
· B.S. in computer science or related field or High School graduate with 120 hours of classroom training in network administration.
· 3+ years it or enterprise network experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Pass government issued IQT test.
· Obtain Sec+ certification.
Experience with the following is mandatory:
· Familiarity with all aspects of performing system administration duties in an Enterprise level IT environment.
· Microsoft Windows server and active directory.
· Exchange 2003 & 2007.
· Server hardware/OS/software configuration.
· Collaboration tools.
· Blackberry enterprise server.
· Office communicator server.
Experience with the following is desired:
· DMA/AMHS experience.
· Microsoft windows server clustering.
· Enterprise backup solutions.
· MCSE and/or other IT certifications.
· Familiarity with operating and maintaining the Air Force Defense Messaging System (DMS) and Automated Messaging Handling System (AMHS) and supporting Certification Authorization Workstation (CAW) .
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply to this position directly: