SQL Server DBA Developer/Architect – Reston, VA
Our client has a backlog of work that is keeping new e-software products from getting to market. One of the backlog items is fixing a test refresh issue. They need a qualified SQL Server DBA to help determine root cause and fix the refresh processes.
Another initiative that is needed is to construct a new data layer for their consolidated processing platform. Our client needs a SQL Server DBA/Architect to assist/lead the definition, design, and construction of a new data base.
We are looking for a person that is able to do both activities…. hands on DBA skills to work the refresh issue, and then development/architecture skills for the broader engagement of an automation implementation of the testing environment.
- This senior level SQL Server DBA needs to have proven problem solving skills (meaning you must be able to describe some detailed good examples)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have recent experience with definition, design, development, and implementation of large scale SQL Server databases.
- Must have experience in designing, implementing, and supporting SQL Server databases in a high transaction volume environment.
- Experience working in a payment processing environment a plus.
- Experience in mentoring/training junior team members
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- **Ability to work in the US without sponsorship (EAD, Green Card, US Citizen)
Systems Engineering Services Corporation (SESC), founded in 1989, is a leading provider of technology solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government organizations. Specializing in program management, open systems engineering, agile application development, systems integration, mobile smartphone application development, virtualization, and systems security, SESC is guided by a corporate mission to provide valuable solutions to our client’s technology needs through delivering high quality services.
SESC delivers a full suite of professional services, including the Project Management, User Experience Design, Application Development, Enterprise Portal and Content Management, Systems Implementation, Testing and Quality Assurance, and Operations and Maintenance services necessary to deliver the next generation of mission critical systems. SESC customizes the solutions and services to each client based on unique business needs and backs the delivery of services with a unique guarantee that minimizes risk and demonstrates deep commitment to client success.
SESC builds long-term relationships with clients by helping them deliver tangible business results using proven methods of onsite and remote solution delivery, deep industry knowledge, advanced approaches to technology development, and a client-focused business model.
- Mobile Application Development
- Open Systems Engineering
- Agile Development
- Data Analytics
- Systems Security
- Test Automation
- Financial Services
- Project Management
- User Experience Design
- Application Development
- Enterprise Portals and Content Management
- Systems Implementation
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Operations & Maintenance
SESC has an outstanding track record of success, spanning over 20 years, and five national locations, with a strong emphasis on excellence, and cultivating our most valuable assets; Our People! Learn more about SESC on our website, www.sesc.com
We prefer to hire candidates on a full-time employee basis, and offer the following benefits:
– Company paid medical, dental, vision, drug card, life and short & long-term disability insurance for you, the individual (you may purchase any of this insurance for your spouse or children at some out-of-pocket cost to you – details available per your request).
– 2 weeks of paid vacation time per year (80 hours accrued)
– 6 paid “legal” holidays and 2 paid optional holidays
– An optional 401K and flexible spending program
– Compensated over time
– Commuting expense reimbursement ($.20/mile and 100% parking fees – some IRS restrictions may apply)
– Our Peak Performance program which offers incentives for performance at the client site, candidate & business opportunity referrals and others.
Please note that staff in the field will be compensated for unused vacation and sick time at the end of the year. For more specific information about this package, please review our detailed web site at http://www.sesc.com/career_opportunities/benefits.htm
Director of Technical Recruitment
Systems Engineering Services Corp.
Direct line: (202) 596-5411
Current openings: http://www.tfcn.us/group/dctech