Network Operations Engineer- Herndon, VA
Candidates will have a Program Management/Project coordination telecommunications exp. with at least 6 years in supporting Network operations as it related to customer. Turn up, test, router and switch experience.
Network Operations Engineer responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Network Operations Engineer will provide tier 2 and tier 3 escalation support for network infrastructure. The network operations engineer will have a strong understanding of telecommunications networking technologies and be able to exercise sound technical judgment and discipline in the execution of network changes and deployment plans.
- Provide overall operational support, troubleshooting and maintenance of production network.
- Responsible for maintaining core, distribution, and customer edge devices which includes but is not limited to Cisco network devices.
- Participate in new and ongoing projects to develop standards and minimum requirements of the equipment test to be added to the production network.
- Assist in the development of operational procedures and report regularly on those metrics.
- Oversee the security and potential vulnerability risks of the network and remote access networks.
- Interact with management, vendors, customers, and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear, straightforward manner.
- Interact with other departments to provide information and assistance as necessary.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent hands on work experience; minimum 3-5 years relevant technical experience in a telecommunications network engineering role required.
- Must be proficient in configuring, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and IP in a multi platform network environment.
- Demonstrated record of success with specific experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, design, support, and project management.
- Experience with Network Monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of wireless broadband systems preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Personable with a strong work ethic, who takes pride in hard work and hands on responsibility.