About AECOM National Security Programs:
National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within your reach.
AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With more than 51,000 employees in over 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Position Title: Network Defender
Reports to: Deputy Network Manager
Requires Secret Clearance and 3-5 years of experience +
The Network Defender is responsible for identifying and remediating network threats to the enterprise environments associated with the 561st Network Operations Squadron. Additionally, the Network Defender is responsible for mitigating known security postures that are less than optimal.
- Network Defenders oversee intrusion detection, boundary protection, and internal network monitoring and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the Air Force Network.
- They promptly respond to internal/external threats on a 24/7 presence to deliver instant analysis of all network vulnerabilities and intrusions.
- Network Defense controllers develop a network defense visibility display, direct time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk, and collect and store the data and metrics necessary to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM).
- They research and investigate current and emerging threats and provide leadership with guidance on how to mitigate those threats.
- They also direct security measures such as identification/authentication controls and intrusion detection for the I-NOSC or sites under their control.
- In addition, they maintain status of boundary protection configurations and advise on the utilization of tools and procedures in order to sustain information security, integrity, and availability.
- Enterprise Controllers oversee network availability and network management operations for the Air Force Network. They are responsible for collecting and archiving the data necessary to conduct detailed infrastructure analysis, producing time-sensitive displays and threshold alerts, generating ad hoc queries for network assistance, and developing course of action scenarios.
- Enterprise controllers maintain a “watch” on network performance characteristics and infrastructure centers of gravity, and recommend adjustments.
- They centrally monitor available network resources ensuring efficient use and direct disaster recovery and contingency planning measures.
- Pass a drug test
- Have an active DoD secret security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Security+ certification or able to obtain one within 90 days of employment
- Shift work
- Experience with:
- Analyzing Firewall logs
- Analyzing Proxy logs
- Analyzing Windows Event and Security logs
- Network Topologies
- HP Openview for equipment and network tracking
- Remedy for issue tracking
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
- US Air Force Network environments
- Active Directory
- CISCO Works
- Understanding a Network Enterprise Environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with AF Networks and the CITS NO/IA architecture
- Experience with Host Based IDS (HIDS)
- Experience with CIDDS or another Network Based IDS (NIDS)
- 3-5 Years experience as Systems Administrator in an Enterprise Environment
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=326
- How can an operating systems help administrators control a network and manage security (wiki.answers.com)