Position Title Applications Engineer, Senior
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Government Services
Office Region USA – Mid Atlantic
Office Location US – Springfield, VA
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Government We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Job Description Required Qualifications
· Security Clearance: TS (SCI preferred)
· 5-7 years experience in C# .NET 3.5/4.0 programming, ISS 7 website management, and SharePoint 2010 administration/development
· Familiarity with SQL Server administration and light database design
· Expert knowledge of OOP techniques and concepts
· Ability to work unsupervised on all steps of software engineering lifecycle including design, testing, implementation, and debugging
· Self-management skills including estimating work effort, defining deadlines, and meeting them
· MCP certifications preferred
· Software Program Management experience a plus
· Enhancing existing software solutions and developing new ones to order
· Interfacing with internal customers and external clients to define software requirements
· Configuration and administration of SharePoint 2010 portals and servers
· Maintenance of existing SharePoint 2010 farms (including SQL server administration)
· Development of SharePoint-based solutions as required
· Other duties as requested
What We Offer AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It’s a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition/Vacancy No. 62831BR