Duration: 9 months +
Perform installation and configuration for a business critical application. This position will ensure that items are installed and configured on AIX servers.
- Working under the direction of the application installation and instance manager, this position is responsible for synchronization and maintenance of all application environments (test, training, production) for application.
- Perform application software installations and upgrades, monitor, analyze and troubleshoot system environments, maintain appropriate version control, administration of scripts for file manipulation and programming access to multiple environments; synchronization of data and programs across environments; perform or assist in programming, interfacing and data conversion activities.
- Mentor team members and provide technical expertise to other information systems staff in areas related to AIX troubleshooting and application installation and instance management.
- Additional duties and responsibilities include storage management, security, audit management, coordinating backup and restoration of application files and monitoring overall health of the applications running on the AIX systems.
- The candidate is responsible for coordinating the design, sizing, tuning, maintenance and other critical system engineering duties with the vendor and will work closely with other internal team members including analysts and engineers to ensure optimum system performance and reliability.
- The candidate will maintain multiple environments to include development, training and testing, ensuring correct configuration and synchronization.
- Must understand and know how to configure and administer high availability and clustering and understand error logs of high availability/clustering for production system (HACMP/Power HA).
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, learn quickly with strong attention to detail, document systems processes/procedures including detailed implementation and test plans.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, systems and database design, administration and integration.
- Highly organized and motivated with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several broad-scope responsibilities at one time, and utilize time effectively.
- Must be able to analyze, define and resolve complex tasks/systems/technical problems and deal with complex variables.
- A strong background and experience in AIX and System Programming environment is critical to the success of position.
Demonstrated ability programming in C or other object oriented language is a plus.
Knowledge of database structures, data definitions and data relationships is a plus.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or EE
- 3-5 years AIX System Programming
- Expert in scripting (three years)
- 6 years Application Installations
- Experience with C, Java development and Oracle DB installation
**Ability to work in the US without sponsorship (Green Card, US Citizen)
If interested e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jay at 202-596-5411 or network at http://itcontract.ning.com/group/DCTech